Empowering Clients To Make Informed, Intelligent Decisions

Personalized Attention, Experienced Counsel

Post-Decree Litigation / Modifications

Ohio Divorce and Post-decree Litigation Lawyer

For representation in post-divorce decree litigation and modifications work in the Westerville and Franklin County areas, come to Treneff Cozza Law, LLC. We offer you personal attention and experienced counsel in all family law matters and have done so for 30 years.

Where modifications involve changes in child custody, child support, and spousal support, we pledge commitment to our clients, availability for questions and comprehensive legal knowledge of the post-decree legal process.

Contact us for your initial consultation at 614-891-4230. Our law office can also be reached by e-mail and fax.

Personal Attention, Experienced Counsel

Post-decree litigation occurs after a decree of divorce, dissolution or legal separation is granted. One party may have determined that his or her ex-spouse has violated a prior order of the court. A motion is then filed to have the order enforced and the offending party punished. This is generally known as a contempt action.

Another major reason for post-decree litigation involves the minor child or children from the marriage. The court that issued the original decree will retain “continuing jurisdiction” over all matters pertaining to the children. The majority of post-decree matters heard by courts involve custody-related issues.

In motions seeking a change of custody responsibilities, a guardian ad litem is appointed to represent the interests of the child. The guardian interviews both parents and the child, visits the child in the home of both parents and may interview other relevant witnesses. Ultimately, the guardian will make a recommendation to the child custody magistrate.

The amount of child support may be considered in a post-decree motion, as well as health insurance matters. Where the parties agree on the post-decree modifications on these issues, a hearing may not be necessary.

Spousal support (alimony) also may be modified in a post-decree motion if a change of circumstance has occurred and the court has retained jurisdiction.

We’re here to help at Treneff Cozza Law, LLC in Westerville. That means help with any and every phase of the divorce and family law process, from start to finish and sometimes afterward, with necessary modifications and representation in post-decree litigation.

For further information on post-decree litigation / modifications, click here.

Call, Fax or E-Mail Us Today

Schedule an initial consultation with Treneff Cozza Law, LLC in the Greater Westerville area at 614-891-4230.