Andrea L. Cozza is a graduate of The Ohio State University where she attained a B.S. in Psychology. She subsequently received her Juris Doctorate from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law along with a certificate in alternative dispute resolution from Moritz. Ms. Cozza is certified as a Specialist in Family Relations Law by the Ohio State Bar Association and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. She also is certified as an arbitrator by the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. Ms. Cozza has completed mediation training for domestic relations matters as well as additional mediation training in the area of domestic violence.
She is presently serving a three year term as the Region III Representative to Council for the American Bar Association Family Law Section. Ms. Cozza also serves as vice-chair of the Alimony Committee for the section and assists in producing various continuing legal education programing for conferences held by the ABA Family Law Section. Ms. Cozza also serves as Co-Chair of the Guardian ad Litem subcommittee of the Columbus Bar Association Family Law Section. She serves as a Guardian ad Litem in domestic relations cases in Franklin County and Delaware County.
Ms. Cozza has been honored as an Ohio Super Lawyer for 2018 and 2019. She was previously designated as a "Rising Star" by Ohio Super Lawyers in 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
In her community, Ms. Cozza is the Vice President of the Board of Citizens for Humane Action Animal Shelter ("CHA"), serves on the shelter's operations committee, and volunteers regularly with the care of the animals at the shelter. She also plays with the Westerville Community Band and serves as President of the housing board for a Greek organization at The Ohio State University.
Areas Of Practice
- Alimony & Spousal Support
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Family Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Family Relations Law, Ohio State Bar Association, 2014
- Ohio, 2006
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 2012
- The Ohio State University, Michael E. Moritz College of Law, Columbus, Ohio
- J.D. - 2006
- Honors: Moot Court: Environmental Law Team
- Honors: Certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- B.S. - 2003
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Major: Psychology
- Moderator, Fall 2013 Continuing Legal Education Plenary Session , American Bar Association Family Law Section
- Moderator, Fall 2014, Continuing Legal Education, Plenary Session, American Bar Association Family Law Section
Honors and Awards
- Selected for Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015-2017
- Selected for Ohio Super Lawyers 2018 and 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Columbus Bar Association, Family Law Committee, Member and Co-Chair of the Guardian ad Litem Subcommittee
- Ohio State Bar Association, Family Law Committee, Member
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section, Region III Council Representative for Family Law Section, Vice Chair of the Alimony Committee
- Delaware County Bar Association, Member, Present